Monday 2 June 2014

Makeup Monday: My Revlon Lip Butter Collection!


Hey guys, this weeks Makeup Monday post is going to be my Revlon Lip Butter Collection and a mini review. I brought my first ever Revlon Lip Butter last year and only recently has my collection grown and I'm determined to finish it. 


The Revlon Lip Butter's are my all time favourite lipsticks and I reach for them pretty much everyday. I find that they have a lot more colour pay off then you may expect. I find that they are really moisturizing and buttery on my lips. Although they are not tinted balms some of them are sheer and just give a slight sheen of colour or gloss especially the lighter shades. They aren't the most long lasting lipsticks and you will need to reapply every couple of hours. I find that with the brighter shades they can smudge easily. Apart from that they are still my favourite and are defiantly worth a try if you haven't already. 

Revlon Lip Butters can be purchased from Boots (link) for £7.99

Here are the ones I currently own..


Reds
So far I only own 1 red which is Wild Watermelon. I would describe this colour as more of a summery red and isn't as opague and bold as some reds, however on the lips it is still very bright. 

(Here it is swatched on my hand) 


Pinks
The pinks that I own are:
(from left to right)
Sorbet
Sweet Tart
Cotton Candy
Strawberry Shortcake

(swatches on my hand)


Nudes and Berry Shades
(from left to right)
Berry Smoothie
Macaroon
Peach Parfait
Creme Brulee

(And here they are swatched)


Oranges
I own two orange shades that look similar in the picture, but on the lips they look completely different.
And they are 
(from left to right)
Tutti Frutti 
Juicy Papaya

(Swatches L- Tutti Fruitt R- Juicy Papaya)

As you can see when swatched Tutti Fruitti is alot more of a true, bold orange whereas Juicy Papaya is more of a nude orange as is more sheer. 

That's it!

xoxo
Connie

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great collection of shades you picked up, my fav is Tutti Fruitt :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tutti Fruitt too at the moment and I'm really getting into orange lipsticks xx

      Delete