Tuesday 15 April 2014

Beauty Tuesday: Wet to Dry Hair Routine

My hair routine always changes depending on what products I use and how I'm currently styling my hair. I go through phases on how I style my hair and when I find one I like, I will constantly wear my hair like that, until I get bored and move onto the next hairstyle. Recently I've been wearing my hair down and I have either been just straightening my hair or curling it.


I wash my hair every other day or every couple of days, depending how oily my roots get. My hair type is mainly dry as I use a lot of heat on my hair and the ends of my hair are damaged. I've been using hair masks, deep conditioning treatments, oils and they are helping my hair's condition improve. The shampoo and conditioner I'm using at the moment are the Pantene Youth Protect 7, its not my shampoo and conditioner of choice but I only brought it to try as it was on offer. My favourite shampoo and conditioner is the Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner but I haven't brought them for a while as I like to try new products.

 
After I've washed my hair I leave it to dry natural in a towel, until it's about 50% dry. Then I spray the Dove Nourishing Oil Spray into the ends of my hair. This stuff is amazing, it is one of my holy-grail beauty products and it's smells stunning. I have a review on this product if your interested in more information about it.

 
I then will brush my hair with my tangle-teezer as naturally my hair is wavy and textured and it can tangle easy and this brush is an absolute life saver. I rarely use any other brush on my hair now and I never use a normal hair brush on my hair when it's wet.

 
If it's the morning and I've washed my hair I will then blow dry my hair upside down and use my tangle teezer to constantly brush my hair as I try to get it as straight as possible. I make sure that I funnel the hairdryer down the hair shaft so that the cuticles remain closed which helps stop my hair from looking frizzy.  Before my hair is completely dry I use my Babyliss Big Hair to give my hair a more professional blow dried look and this adds more volume and shine to my hair.

 
However if it's the evening and I've washed my hair then I leave my hair to dry naturally over night. Then in the morning when I wake up I straighten my hair with my ghd hair straightners or I curl my hair and I use are the Remington Pearl wand. They are amazing, they heat up really quickly and it's so quick easy to curl my hair and I'm normal always happy with the result from them. When I curl my hair, I split my hair into 4 sections, I face the wand downwards and I wrap the hair around the wand and away from my face.

 
Always after I've used heat on my hair I finish by applyling a few drops of serum or an oil in the ends of my hair as like I already said my hair type is dry. Right now I'm using the Macadamia Oil, which I love. I tend to use about 1 pump and I just rub it between my hands and then distribute it through the ends of my hair to keep my hair looking silky and smooth.

 

And that's it, that's my full hair routine from wet to dry. 

xoxo
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment