Sunday 20 April 2014

Surprise Sunday: Afternoon Tea Anyone?


Coming from a family of tea lovers, I never really liked tea all that much for along time. But recently I have been really getting into it and I'm even starting to crave the stuff, I swear it's some kind of drug. We went out for afternoon tea to this local Vineyard as it was my grandparents anniversary. And I had what the place called a 'Tadpole' which consists of tea with 1 scone with jam and clotted cream. 


The tea didn't come in it's normal form, the tea bag, it came loose. I'd never really had loose tea before and I didn't even know that tea came loose. So there was no hope in me knowing what a tea strainer was, but thankfully I do know now. We had a little cup and saucer which we were to drink our tea from and the tea strainer was really cute, it was in a little tea pot shape. I've always thought tea tastes nicer in a cup than a mug, is that just me? And also, now I've tried loose tea, it tastes 10x better than tea from a bag. I know, I'm sounding old.


What I love about the place is that it is so quirky and nothing matches. Everyone has a different cup and saucer, everyone has a different plate and everyone even has a different chair. It has their personal touch that everyone will remember. 


Of course I was going to have a scone, who wouldn't. I just had a plain scone but I could of had a cheese or a fruit scone. It came with jam and clotted cream which is an absoloute treat as I never normally have that. It was absoloutely to die for as the scones were homemade, and you could even see in the kitchen where they made them. The clotted cream and jam were also local produce from the area. It was proberly one of the best scones I have had for a long time and I'm craving one now as I'm typing this. Thanks for reading!

xoxo
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment