Monday 28 April 2014

Makeup Monday: How I Wash My Makeup Brushes



Today I thought I would show you guys how I wash my makeup brushes. I tend to wash my brushes on the same day every week normally on a Sunday. I don't spot clean them everyday as I use the brushes for the same thing everyday and plus I don't think they need it anyway. The brushes that I use everyday are a mixture of the Real Techniques and Urban Decay. 


Here is what I use to wash my makeup brushes!

Step 1: Soak them in olive oil to get all of the colour out- I do this because my brushes have white tips as it gets out all the colour. I pour a little olive oil into a bowl and I swish my makeup brush around in it. Then I hold the brush facing downwards under a stream of warm water whilst squeezing all the oil out and you will see all the colour coming out.


Step 2: I then use some gentle shampoo and I just use a baby shampoo. I squeeze a little into the palm of my hand and swoosh the brush around in it so that it lathers up. I then rinse the brush under a stream of warm water facing the brush downwards, whilst I squeeze out all the product. I make sure that I get out all of the olive oil as otherwise my makeup brushes will be greasy.

  
Step 3: When I have washed all my brushes, I lay them flat on a folded towel so that they can dry over night. I then look forward to using clean brushes the next morning. And that's it!

 xoxo
 Connie 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I knew there must be an easy way to use cheap at home products and not have to run out to buy brush cleaner.

    :)
    www.jessiecardella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete