Friday 19 January 2018

First Impressions of the Naked Heat Palette

I'm probably one of the last people to write a blog post about this, but for Christmas from my lovely boyfriend I was very lucky to receive the newest member of the Urban Decay Naked palette family; the Heat palette. It's been a long wait, as for months I have been dying to get my hands on this beautiful, glistening eye shadow palette containing a mix of amber-hued neutrals, warm browns and burnt oranges. I'm kind of sad Autumn has been and gone, as this palette would have been perfect for that season. I can sense it will become my Autumn staple later this year.


When it comes to eye shadows, since first discovering Urban Decay I have become an Urban Decay eye shadow snob, and they are pretty much the only eyeshadows I wear now.  I can guarantee they will go on my eyelids evenly and last all day. Personally I think that they are the most pigmented eye shadows I have tried.


What I love about this palette and actually all of the other Naked palettes too,  is that you can create day and night looks. Even just using two different eye shadows you can easily create a look, and I always think it looks like you've put more effort in that you actually have. Especially, as I never have that much time to get my face ready in the morning. It's also a great palette to turn a day look into a night look, to do this I use one of the darker shades; 'En Fuego' or 'Ashes', and blend it into the corner of my eye.



My go-to day look is either using 'Sauced' or 'Chaser' or both all over my eyelid, and then working 'Low Blow' into the crease, whilst adding 'Ounce' on my brow bone and in the corner of my eye to add a bit of brightness. Or instead of applying 'Low Blow' I will use 'Lumbre'  if I fancy a bit of shimmer.


In the night, whether it's a night out with the girls or date night I have been reaching for either the shades 'Scorched' or 'Dirty Talk' onto my lids. Then I will use 'En Fuego' and 'Ashes' in the crease and corner of my eyes. One of my favourite combinations is using 'Scorched' all over my lid, then in the outer corner I will apply 'Ember', then using 'Ashes' in the crease and to further darken the look, whilst adding a almost subtle hint of purple; my favourite colour.


Let me know what you think of this palette and what your go-to combination is? 

xoxo
Connie 

No comments:

Post a Comment